Krishna Vamsi returns with Rangamarthanda, a remake of the Marathi film Natasamrat. The producers demonstrated their faith by organizing special premieres for celebrities and select media professionals.
Many celebrities, particularly modern directors, praised the film’s emotional commentary and Krishna Vamsi’s directing, yelling, “KV is back! The film got a lot of acclaim, but is it really that good? Let us explore this in the Rangamarthanda movie review.
Rangamarthanda Movie Cast and Crew
|22nd, March 2023
|Main Lead Actors
|Brahmanandam, Prakash Raj, Ramya Krishnan, Shivathmika Rajashekar, Anasuya, Aadarsh Balakrishna, and many others
|Raj K Nalli
|Kalipu Madhu, S. Venkat Reddy
Rangamarthanda Movie Story:
Before getting into the Rangamarthanda movie review let us talk a bit about its story.
Raghava Rao (Prakash Raj) is a theatrical performer who earns the title Rangamarthanda for his remarkable performances. He chooses to retire from his career and divides his money between his two children, Sri (Shivathmika Rajasekhar) and Ranga (Aadarsh Balakrishna). He and his wife, Raju Garu (Ramya Krishnan), are bullied by their children.
He and his comrade Chakri (Brahmanandam) were both well-known theatre performers who are now fighting to fit in with the dramatic world beyond the theatre. The film follows Raghava Rao and his wife as they face challenges because of the behavior of their daughter and son.
- Prakash Raj was excellent in the role of a retired stage actor, particularly in the second half; his performance was remarkable.
- Ramya Krishna as ‘Raajugaaru’ was too cute and amazing; all of her moments came out pretty good, and we feel for this lady with all of our hearts owing to her talent for delicate acting.
- Brahmanandam, who is infrequently seen on movies these days, was given a substantial part. Prakash Raj and Brahmanandam’s moments are extremely wonderful, poignant, and emotional.
- Prakash Raj’s son is played well by Adarsh Balakrishna. He had little screen time.
- Shivatmika Rajasekhar was excellent as Prakash Raj’s daughter. She presented herself nicely as a loving person and then displayed positive sentiments later on.
- Ali Reza is excellent in the role of the movie star.
- Rangamarthanda cast& crew includes Others, such as Rahul Sipliguj and Tanikella Bharani, who performed admirably.
Rangamarthanda Movie Plus Points
- The movie does an excellent job of displaying emotions. The entire second half is loaded with dramatic passages, and filmmaker Krishna Vamsi puts his imprint on this.
- How will theatre artists who know nothing but their craft express their rage or grief? This has been conveyed in a heart-wrenching way. The conclusion needs a special mention while talking about the Rangamarthanda movie review, it is just outstanding.
- ‘Rangamaarthanda’ almost brought back Krishna Vamsi as a filmmaker who knew how to get the best out of his actors.
- The narrative begins with Mega Star Chiranjeevi’s voice-over, which showcases an actor’s life. Rangamarthanda also contains a nice and timely message.
Rangamarthanda Movie Minus Points
- The first part of the film progresses slowly, and there are a few lag sequences. Even more, the editing team might have cut the film to keep the action moving. At times, an old-fashioned presentation is noticeable.
- The film’s storyline is highly predictable and straightforward, which can make the film a little monotonous.
- Krishna Vamsi’s narrative has been told in a number of previous films. The major narrative is around how children ignore their parents after inheriting their property at their elderly age.
Director Krishna Vamsi’s stamp is obvious throughout the picture. Raj K Nalli’s cinematography may have been better. Except for the theatre shots, the visuals appear to lack proper focus on the actors. Ilaiyaraaja’s music is adequate. Pavan’s editing was poor in the first half but improved in the second.
The concluding note in the Rangamarthanda movie review is it’s worth watching in theatres. The outstanding performances of Prakash Raj and Brahmanandam, as well as the drama in the second half, propel the film forward. Yet, the predictability aspect and poor narration will detract from the overall experience.
Crazy Movie Updates Team ( S K ) – 3/5