Shaakuntalam Telugu Movie Review: Shaakuntalam, a big-budget mythological drama directed by Gunasekhar and starring Dev Mohan, marks Samantha Ruth Prabhu’s return. It’s been billed as a must-see, but will it establish a new standard? Let’s take a look at the Shaakuntalam Telugu movie review to see how the picture performed.
Shaakuntalam Movie Cast and Crew
|7th, April 2023
|Main Lead Actors
|Samantha, Allu Arha, Dev Mohan, Mohan Babu, Sachin Khedekar, Ananya Nagalla, Jisshu Sengupta, Madhoo, Aditi Balan, Prakash Raj, and Many others
|Shekar V Joseph
|Neelima Guna and Dil Raju
|Telugu, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam and Kannada
Shaakuntalam Movie Story:
The adaption of Kalidasa’s Abhignana Shaakuntalam is the Shaakuntalam movie. Shakuntala (Samantha) and Dushyant (Dev Mohan) have a wonderful love story.
Shakuntala was born to Menaka and Vishwamitra but grew in the ashram of Sage Kanwa. After a few years, Shakuntala meets King Dushyant (Dev Mohan) in the forest and falls in love.
Due to the curse of sage Durvasa (Mohan Babu), Dushyant forgets about Shakuntala once he enters his kingdom. The rest of the film depicts Shakuntala’s struggles to prove her relationship with Dushyant.
Let’s get into the Shaakuntalam Telugu movie review!
Samantha was excellent in the character of Shakuntala. She has less screen time in the second half, which is surprising, but the actress gives her best for Shaakuntalam. Samantha made an impression in the emotional parts.
The acting of Dev Mohan as King Dushyanta is acceptable. He is attractive, yet he lacks the abilities required to seem like a warrior in action situations.
Allu Arha, Allu Arjun’s daughter, is gorgeous and plays Prince Bharat brilliantly. She had an outstanding performance as Bharata.
Mohan Babu is fantastic as the easily angry Durvasa. Madhubala, Ananya Nagalla, and others performed admirably in their parts.
Shaakuntalam Movie Plus Points
- Samantha’s performance is the major plus point that must be mentioned when discussing the Shaakuntalam Telugu movie review.
- Allu Arha’s cameo is probably one of the film’s most valuable aspects. Arha’s incredible screen presence will surprise you.
- Dev Mohan also delivered an impressive performance in his role.
- Gunasekhar’s concept of leveraging cutting-edge technology and 3D to present a mythical narrative like “Shakuntala” to the next generation of audiences is comprehensible.
Shaakuntalam Movie Minus Points
- The narrative itself isn’t complex, and making a full film based on it isn’t a good idea. Those who are unfamiliar with the plot may foresee what will happen at the end.
- Gunasekhar has failed badly in making the legendary drama a captivating watch, despite having the greatest team and assets at his fingertips this time.
- The movie is packed with images, but the visual effects aren’t great.
- The ashram setting, King Dushyanta’s heroics, and Shakuntala’s life fill the first part of Shaakuntalam. With realistic graphics work, the ashram looks mediocre. It’s more like watching a stylized cartoon work the entire time.
Shaakuntalam is a well-known narrative, and the audience anticipates outstanding storytelling from the film. Shaakuntalam failed terribly at it. Shaakuntalam turned into a wreck due to terrible VFX work that distorted melodic phrases and an excessively lethargic narrative. None of the songs were very memorable.
Shaakuntalam’s run time of about two and a half hours is a curse. Gunasekhar, the director, performed a lousy job with the picture. The ancient Telugu language employed in a few moments may not be appealing to the film’s intended audience. While parts of the sights, notably those of Kanva Maharshi’s ashram, are intriguing, the rest of the film is mediocre to bad.
The final words about the Shaakuntalam movie rating are “Shaakuntalam” falls short on every level. In this showy attempt, the soul is lacking. Aside from a few sequences and Samantha’s genuine acting, this big-budget film is a terrible letdown.
Crazy Movie Updates Team ( S K ) – 2.5/5